Friday 27 July 2012

M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF15 - Review


Hello gorgeous makeup addicts!!!! Hmmm today I am going to be talking about the most famous and cutting edge foundation and that is MAC Studio Fix Foundation. Well, as you must know that MAC is one of the most common and expensive and luxurious makeup brands. The products are infinite and amazingly amazing. So are the MAC foundations.  I was always yearning for a MAC foundation and finally my husband brought me one from Paris. I am so excited to share it with you.



If you don’t know Mac foundation has numberings in NC and NW. NC are for the people who have yellow or beige undertones and similarly the NW is for the people who have pink undertone of the skin. It is very important to understand your skin tone and its undertone. To select a foundation is the most difficult task in makeup because a good and flawless foundation creates a proper canvas to play with the colors you want.

 Well, I have a yellow undertone and I chose NC35 from the range. It matches exactly to my skin tone, not fairer nor darker. I never wanted a foundation that looks like a white mask on my face rather the foundation has to make your skin look even, supple and flawless and most importantly beautiful. It is normally misconceived by people in our country that the role of foundation is to make you look whiter than you are. Dark complexion is a big issue in the sub continent. It is high time we should get over with it and feel comfortable in our skin.
Here is the swatch of MAC Studio Fix Foundation NC 35. 




without flash
with flash
                                            

Now is the time to give my verdict on the foundation. The foundation has a thick consistency and it gives you almost flawless complexion. Due to its thick consistency it covers your minor blemishes and even dark spots if you dab it a little more precisely on them. If you have very dark under eye circles or bad acne then you would need a concealer to cover that. The foundation has SPF 15 in it so it helps in protecting you from the harmful rays of the sun. The foundation has matte coverage and it has a great staying power for up to 16 hours. But you still need a powder over it to settle it make it wearable for longer hours. If you have a very dry skin you need to put a moisturizer under it otherwise it will shows and expose dry patches on the skin.  It is important that you use a very little amount of foundation because it is thick and it glides on very smoothly. I have a dry skin so I make sure that I moisturize my skin before applying a foundation. I just put two tiny dots of foundation on my cheeks, forehead and chin and even it out. You don’t need to touch it up all day, it is only required if you have very oily skin. You may not like it if you are sensitive to chemical smell because it has it. For me it is one of the best foundations I have used till date.

It is best if you apply it with MAC 190 foundation brush or with the stippling brush to make it look flawless and air brushed. 

If you want to have this foundation, it is also available at Al-fateh in Lahore for 3650rs almost but I am afraid they do not have the testers so make sure you choose the right color for greater looking skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment